Thursday 3 June 2010

BRIGHT CHIMEZIE


Bright Chimezie born 10 January 1960, known as Okoro Junior, a Nigerian highlife musician is from Ekeoba, Ohuhu, Umuahia, Abia State. His Band/Sound (known as Zigima) became widely available in Nigeria from the early 80s.
Bright Chimezie, aka "Okoro Junior," broke out as the hot Nigerian highlife star of the mid-1980s with his pop-influenced style, and has continued to be popular through the nineties and into the new millennium.
I became a musician in the Customs and Excise dance band. In fact we formed that band in 1980. I was with the Customs between 1980 and 1985. I resigned from the Customs on August 17, 1985 but I was there when my debut album titled Respect Africa was released. While I was in the Customs, I carved out this Zigima concept. Zigima simply means Ozi I ga-ama in Igbo language. In English it means “the message you ought to know”. And what is this message you are supposed to know? You are supposed to know that Nku no na mba, n’eghere mba nri in English means “firewood of a people cooks their food”. And you are also supposed to know that, Ife aka ndu in English means “nothing is bigger than life”.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/greatest-hits-of-bright-chimezie/id369181098

No comments:

Post a Comment